Select to view content in your preferred language

Create Features from Salesforce XY Data

12-05-2023 10:13 AM
BenClark
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I'm new to both Salesforce and PowerAutomate, and am trying to figure out the best way to automatically convert records from the former into GIS features upon initial data entry. I found a very handy tutorial here on how to automatically add XY data to a new Saleseforce record, but what I can't sort out is how to then actually turn that data into a mappable feature.

I very well could be overlooking something here, but so far I've not been able to wrap my head around that last crucial step...

Thank you!

-Ben

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

Can you just use Add XY Data in Pro?  What am I missing?

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@BenClark @TL2 - Hi there. I think where the hang up might be is passing the geometry value in the Create a record in a feature layer action. 

Let me know if the following steps help out and if this is what you were looking to do in your flow. You can set this flow up to run manually or to run it as a trigger as mentioned in the blog post (When a record is created in Salesforce).

1. In the Create a record in a feature layer action, paste the following code into the geometry field. 

{
"x": INSERT_YOUR_LONGITUDE_FIELD_FROM_SALESFORCE_ACTION,
"y": INSERT_YOUR_LATITUDE_FIELD_FROM_SALESFORCE_ACTION,
"spatialReference": {
"wkid": 4326,
"latestWkid": 4326
}
}

2. It should look something like this after it is inserted and you have selected the layer you want to update. 

AnthonyLatini_0-1703721187003.png

3. Run the flow and the new features should appear on the map. 

0 Kudos