Select to view content in your preferred language

unable to sign into portal

03-28-2023 10:38 AM
Zack-DS
New Contributor

Hi all,

I just installed the ArcGIS for AutoCAD extension, and the basics seem to be working correctly. I am unable to sign into my ArcGIS Enterprise portal though. Every time I click "sign in" nothing happens. I've clicked the sign in button from all the places I could find it but it never responds, and there's no background window that I'm missing. I can sign into the ArcGIS Online portal though.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins", and I tried deleting the JSON file (mentioned in another post). I'm at a loss of what else to do to get this connected. There is a GIS department at my company and I'll be reaching out to them to try and solve this problem.

I'm currently running:

Autocad Civil 3D 2022

ArcGIS for AutoCAD 410

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Liesl,

I am glad you are first going to install the latest version, 420, as it would have been my first recommendation. As in my post above for ArcGIS for AutoCAD the organizational URL should be in the form of https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname

Let us know how it goes with 420.

0 Kudos
LieslHanlan
New Contributor

I have installed the latest version, and using the prescribed URL. Today, I am unable to connect. Last week, no problem. Selecting "connect" ... nothing happens.

LieslHanlan_0-1708537713180.png

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello,

Based on your provided screen capture it would appear my form example was just cut and pasted into the URL text box. That example URL is not going to work for you. The URL just provides the format needed for your particular ArcGIS Enterprise URL. You might need to talk with your IT and or GIS Manager to find out the correct URL to enter in ArcGIS for AutoCAD.

Kind regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
islammohamed1
New Contributor

now 

islammohamed1_0-1700229618442.png

0 Kudos
jmcewen_ddg
New Contributor III

About a year late to the convo here....we JUST had a similar issue this morning. https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname refused to work....until we copy/pasted our portal URL from the browser into the CAD sign in window: https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/. Looks exactly the same except for a tiny difference, a / (forward slash) added to the end of the URL. Worked just fine after that. May be a bug needs to be created with Esri's ArcGIS for CAD team.

p.s. that CAD designer is still running a version of the plug-in that's about a year old. We're updating it regardless.

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello @jmcewen_ddg,

Thanks for using ArcGIS for AutoCAD!

I do not see the behavior you are where you need to add the additional forward slash, "/", at the end of the URL. Perhaps the architecture used in your organizations ArcGIS Enterprise deployment warrants the need for this additional forward slash.

Thanks for posting what worked for your organization!

Kind regards

0 Kudos