ArcGIS in Auotcad

01-12-2015 12:04 PM
DanielRosales
New Contributor

I am using ArcGIS in Auotcad to connect to world imagery. I am only interested in 30cm resolution at any autocad viewport scale. Even if I select only 30cm resolution, If I zoom out, the resolution changes. I want to keep the 30cm resolution.

Any suggestions

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

No problem, you need to set the map service property to On-Demand.  Then it will not refresh unless you request the map service to redraw.  You can set the map service properties by right clicking on the map service entry in the [GIS Contents] pane.  Then you can zoom into the imagery resolution you want and then refresh the imagery. 

You can actually add more than one of the same map service and cover a larger area at higher resolution by using this technique.  If you do have two of the same map service you will have to control the refresh of each image independently again from the context menu of the map service in the [GIS Contents] pane rather than the REFRESH all button on the Ribbon.

0 Kudos
DanielRosales
New Contributor

I am using on Demand, I am trying to acquire 30cm resolution aerial images for a large area, for example 10miles by 10miles. Perhaps this size area you can not acquire that high of a resolution? If I only cover an area 3milesx3miles, I can get 30cm resolution.

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

Yes, my suggestion would be to add the imagery twice or in your case a grid of 9 or more images. In the past I had created an AutoLISP routine to build the matrix of these maps automatically, but you can do it manually.

To cover the 9 square miles you’d need nine, 3 square mile maps. Or possibly more to cover you 10 sq mile area… Each you would set to “on-demand” and you would have to keep track of the view to zoom in on each and refresh them individually.

You would be building a matrix of adjacent map services of the same map service. World_Imagery, World_Imagery1, World_Imagery2, etc…

Its probably time to rewrite that lisp routine and make it available to people as a sample again.

0 Kudos
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

I have updated the Bonus tools for ArcGIS for AutoCAD to include the functionality to create a mosaic or set of map tiles at higher resolution...  These bonus tools are found in their normal location on ArcGIS Online for free download:  http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=103f4d42de804f4ab42ff498026d9ddc

0 Kudos