Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS for AutoCAD 350 - Images not loading upon startup

12-04-2014 06:18 AM
DavidEvans6
Deactivated User

I am having a problem with previously loaded map service images not loading when AutoCAD is started. The drawing file only shows the ".tmp" file location text. I have tried refreshing the map service images through the GIS Contents button from the menu bar, and also tried reloading them through the xref manager. Neither of those options work. I am using AutoCAD 2014 Map 3D with ArcGIS for AutoCAD 350.  Please help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DonKuehne
Esri Contributor

When ArcGIS for AutoCAD is loaded any existing links in the drawing are refreshed.  If you are having difficulty with a service, there may be a chance that that service has changed, name location etc...  You may need to delete the reference and add it again.  I'd be interested if this one of the map services from your server or from ArcGIS online? (The XREF manager will be just pointing to an old temporary image... this is also the .TMP reference you see when ArcGIS for AutoCAD is not loaded.)  The map service normally is refreshed dynamically when ArcGIS for AutoCAD initializes when opening the drawing.

0 Kudos
MarcelFrehner
Regular Contributor

That's known as BUG-000085023. Please let Esri technical support know that you are affected.

0 Kudos