ArcGIS for AutoCAD 430 synchronization error.

01-26-2024 03:27 PM
Jack_in_the_box
New Contributor II

I installed the new ArcGIS for AutoCAD 430 plug-in and successfully connected it to my enterprise and ArcGIS Online.

I am encountering issues with synchronizing a point feature layer. Although I can add and edit my point feature layer in AutoCAD, when I attempt to sync it, AutoCAD crashes, displaying the message 'ESRI_SYNCHRONIZEALL: Errors encountered during synchronization. If you continue, you may lose edits. Do you want to continue? Yes or No.' If I choose 'Yes,' it removes my added lines completely from the drawing or crashes AutoCAD entirely, requiring a drawing recovery. However, the point is added to SDE.

Upon restarting AutoCAD and trying to add back the layer, it crashes again, preventing me from adding the point layer back to AutoCAD. Even if I remove the point from the layer in SDE, adding the feature layer back into AutoCAD results in the same problem.

I conducted tests by creating a point feature layer in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Pro, with no differences in outcome.

I uninstalled the new ArcGIS for AutoCAD 430 plug-in and installed ArcGIS for AutoCAD 410, and it works correctly with that version.

My system specifications:

• Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
  • Autodesk Civil 3D 2021
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
  • Installed Physical Memory [RAM] = 32.0 GB

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanWade
Esri Contributor

A shortcut is installed out of the box for Civil 3D 2022 and earlier. AutoCAD as Civil 3D is an issue because it treats Plain AutoCAD as Civil 3D and creates Coordinate Geometry (COGO) points but cannot.

BUG-000163959 Running Civil 3D as AutoCAD crashes when a point layer is added.

Run AutoCAD (Plain) and or Civil 3D. Do not use the shortcut "Civil 3D as AutoCAD" with ArcGIS for AutoCAD 420 and above.

Jack_in_the_box
New Contributor II

Thanks. 

0 Kudos