Connecting to ArcGIS Enterprise Image service via a DNS server name

01-31-2024 02:13 PM
Caitlin_Todd_LCOR
New Contributor III

Hello all, 

I'm trying to help one of our engineers install the ArcGIS for AutoCAD plug-in so they can import our publicly available image layer for aerial imagery. But when they try to Add Data from a URL, nothing happens. When they try to log in to the Enterprise Portal, nothing happens. 

After looking through other posts in this forum, I was wondering if the cause could be the DNS for the server? Has anyone been able to find a solution to this type of problem? This particular server sits in our DMZ so I would assume they should be able to access it. 

Also what are the Enterprise Deployment requirements for supporting this plug-in?

Thanks!

Caitlin

Lane County GIS

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey @Caitlin_Todd_LCOR 

I actually have a very similar setup, we plan to implement the CAD feature later on as well.

I'd firstly attempt to have a single user who is unable to access the information ping the Portal server. If successful, I'd attempt to add the link directly to their hosts file, Linux through /etc/hosts and Windows through system32/drivers/etc/hosts. If it is the case that they are able to access it through the hosts, a record may need to be added to your company DNS pointing to the site through an A record.

Hopefully that helps to some extent, I'll be glad to provide more ideas if it doesn't!

Cody

0 Kudos
DanWade
Esri Contributor

Hello Caitlin,

Thanks for assisting your Engineer with setting up ArcGIS for AutoCAD! I would really like to know the format of the URL you entered in the Manage Portals box of ArcGIS for AutoCAD (AFA). You mention nothing happens when they try to sign-in which from other posts here it sounds like the URL includes the port number. AFA provides examples of the required format of the URL. You can use a private message if you prefer.

DanWade_0-1706791344424.png

I wonder if instead the current format is something more like https://machinename.domain.com:7443/arcgis.

As for requirements of ArcGIS Enterprise for AFA, there are non other than the deployment is functioning correctly.

0 Kudos