Select to view content in your preferred language

DJI Mavic 3 support in the Site Scan Flight app

11-17-2021 04:14 PM
Geobunga
New Contributor III

How soon can we expect the DJI Mavic 3 to be supported in the Site Scan flight app? With the camera improvements and significantly longer flight times, we want to begin using this drone for imagery collection using Site Scan. Any indication of where this drone sits in the support timeline would be appreciated.

14 Comments
troyg
by

So the SDK is out for the Mavic 3 Enterprise and is supported by DroneDeploy on the DJI RC PRO controller.  has this been remedied by Site Scan yet or do we continue to collect using DroneDeploy?

NicoBonnafoux

@troyg , this thread is about the Mavic 3, which is different from the Mavic 3 Enterprise. But as noted in my previous message, DJI is currently not offering iOS SDK support for either drone. The RC Pro controller is Android based. 

CarstenHermanns

Then it would be a great solution to create an Android version, that would also eliminate the handling of multiple devices (Smart Controller <--> iOS device) which would provide a considerable added value...

troyg
by

@NicoBonnafoux I know that this was about the M3 vs the M3E but it would be very nice to include support for the M3E also since the SDK is out there.   You'll have customers like myself who are forced to collect our data with another software or app due to the lack of support.  I have spoken with our account executive and was told that an android based app was in the works.  I hope this is true...