Use in ArcGIS Field Maps Mobile Uneditable Layer

Jump to solution
01-14-2021 03:05 PM
kkoz490
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have a web map that I created for use in Field Maps which I cannot edit the layer. It seems to be the setting in the web map that choose to use in Collector, Field Maps, or both. When the choice is both, I can edit the layer in Field Maps. However, if the setting is only Field Maps I cannot edit the layer. When only the Collector option is set, I can edit the layer in Collector.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Field Maps. The version I am using is 20.2.0 build 271. I have an Android Active Pro tablet with Android version 10.

Is there some setting I am missing for a web map to only be used in Field Maps?

Thank you,

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

As @LindeCarmack mentioned, both boxes must be checked to allow editing in Field Maps. I realize this isnt exactly clear, but it gives an organization a way to set a Map to read only a la the "Explorer" experience, or editable like Collector.  Currently the app licensing for editing is based on Collector so if Collector is unavailable, you cannot edit. This is certainly subject to change as we eventually move towards deprecation of Collector and Explorer.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linde_Carmack
Occasional Contributor

As far as I know there is not a setting you are missing, both boxes have to be checked to allow editing. I have seen other questions related to this same issue and have forgotten to check that Collector box myself more than once. I just submitted an idea based on this issue. 

0 Kudos
kkoz490
New Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you for the response and submitting the idea.

Kevin

0 Kudos
kkoz490
New Contributor III

Hello,

I forgot to mention that the services and web maps are in ArcGIS Online.

Kevin

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

As @LindeCarmack mentioned, both boxes must be checked to allow editing in Field Maps. I realize this isnt exactly clear, but it gives an organization a way to set a Map to read only a la the "Explorer" experience, or editable like Collector.  Currently the app licensing for editing is based on Collector so if Collector is unavailable, you cannot edit. This is certainly subject to change as we eventually move towards deprecation of Collector and Explorer.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos