Select to view content in your preferred language

Unable to save form changes

06-17-2023 12:48 AM
tendtreesTC
Occasional Contributor

I have been working on a fieldmap app for a few weeks until suddenly a few days ago when I went to make a change to the and save the below error appeared stating that it was unable to say my form changes.

It is telling me to check the layer settings and confirm that I have the privileges required to make changes.  The layer has been set to allow editing and I am an administrator.

Is there something I am missing here?

tendtreesTC_1-1686987950964.png

0 Kudos
18 Replies
Z-man
by
Occasional Contributor

Exact same issue occurred to me this week.

Been using the same form for years and now 2/3 layers within a single shared feature service give me the error you mentioned (but 1/3 of the layers in that same FS save without the error). 

Same editing and permission situation.

0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Frequent Contributor

I was able to resolve by removing the form elements and re-add them. Here is the error in the developer console. Really frustrating error. Hope ESRI pushes out a hotfix soon

t.4786-bc424acd4a43796192faeba6a2550bb5.js:1147 You are trying to log a non-primitive value, json:{"includesFieldGroupField":false}. This will get logged as [object Object]
(anonymous) @ ember-auto-import

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Do you see any other errors in your form in the Properties tab, for specific fields? There is a known issue where we are getting hung up on reserved keywords that we are working on fixing. If the fields are existing in the Feature service (ie published from Pro or another source) we should be ignoring this restriction when the form is saved. Example below:

ColinLawrence_0-1687297384750.png

Regards,
Colin
Z-man
by
Occasional Contributor

ColinLawrence, you nailed it!

We had a field named "Year", a reserved SQL keyword. Removed and changed slightly. Although it's peculiar because that field has been in place for a long time and never caused the save issue or errored before. Oh well. 

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Great! Yep, that was not an intentional change. A fix should be deployed in the coming days which will continue to allow this configuration as before. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
Z-man
by
Occasional Contributor

Are Switch input types also affected? Nothing has changed in the attached example and a default is set in the templates tab. 😑

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Z-man , is this outside of the context of a reserved keyword? Do you have a reserved keyword on the switch type field? It would throw the same error regardless of field type.

However, I believe you have a different scenario here. Where is your data coming from? Were the coded value domains ever changed, like in Pro for example? Was the default value set in Pro or Designer? Any additional info would help us track this one down. Thanks!

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
LauraBurrows
New Contributor

Hey @ColinLawrence, we have a similar issue to @Z-man, we have switch inputs that do not contain any reserved words. The coded values were never changed in Pro and the feature service was made using Survey123, I am targeting a view of the FS and trying to make a form in Field Map Designer but coming across this issue and a similar issue to the below post

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-field-maps-questions/field-maps-designer-won-t-save-form-change...

All fields are editable. The only way I've been able to overcome this issue was to clear the whole form and start again but I'm still running into the same issues.

Thanks

Laura

0 Kudos
Z-man
by
Occasional Contributor

@ColinLawrence, not sure what the context is except that it wasn't an issue until the same moment as the reserved keyword form problem occurred. And no, the broken likit/switches do not have a reserved keyword.

0 Kudos