Unable to change Level of Detail when downloading Offline map from mobile

Jump to solution
09-09-2021 10:32 AM
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I've created some web maps with all layers customized and enabled for offline use - however, when I attempt to download an offline map prompted from the mobile version of the app, I am only given the option to download at the Room scale. This is untenable for many of our areas, and when I select the Room text to change the download scale, I get no other options.

Is there some configuration I'm missing that will allow for different scales in the offline download?

I've attached some screenshots of the issue below.

Henry
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Henry
by

Update - I changed the basemap for the web maps I was attempting to use offline and the Level of Detail issue did not reappear.

Previous I was using the World Imagery (For export) Tile Layer from Esri (World Imagery (for Export) - Overview (arcgis.com)) as a basemap in Web Maps for ArcGIS Field Maps and ArcGIS Collector. When doing so I was unable to change the Level of Detail for offline maps created from the mobile device.

I switched it to the World Imagery Tile Layer (https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9#!) and the Level of Detail was accessible in the field apps.

Henry

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

What basemap are you using? is it a custom hosted tile layer?

If you go into the settings of the offline basemap, are all the levels cached ready for downloading?

Brooks_SummitGeo_0-1631219091933.png

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
Henry
by

It's one of the Esri-provided imagery basemap layers. World Imagery (for Export)

I tried creating some new web maps and the Level-of-detail choices to appear when selecting offline map area do indeed download - and they do download sometimes.

Still having 'Unable to Download Offline Area' messages and Feature tiling disabled errors in the log but that's another issue . . .

Henry
0 Kudos
Henry
by

I created some fresh maps in the New Map Viewer to allow customized conditional forms in the Field Map tool and the issue has returned - unable to change the Level of Detail when adding an Offline Map.

Henry
0 Kudos
Henry
by

Update - I changed the basemap for the web maps I was attempting to use offline and the Level of Detail issue did not reappear.

Previous I was using the World Imagery (For export) Tile Layer from Esri (World Imagery (for Export) - Overview (arcgis.com)) as a basemap in Web Maps for ArcGIS Field Maps and ArcGIS Collector. When doing so I was unable to change the Level of Detail for offline maps created from the mobile device.

I switched it to the World Imagery Tile Layer (https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9#!) and the Level of Detail was accessible in the field apps.

Henry
0 Kudos