Troubleshoot "Unable to Submit" in Field Maps App

04-28-2022 11:06 AM
Paul_E
by
New Contributor II

I am completely stumped. I was pleased to be able to update attribute data for a data set stored in ArcGIS Online using the Field Map App while being onsite. However, it appears that not all the data is treated the same. Using the same app to edit the same data set that was originally created at the same time, I am able to edit one data point but not able to edit a second data point using the same keystrokes. When I press the Update button, the feedback I get is “Unable to Submit.” Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?    

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Paul, is there additional info to the error like "geodatabase not found"?

0 Kudos
Paul_E
by
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, no. The lack of information makes it especially hard to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
PamelaLocke1
Occasional Contributor

did you ever figure this out?  I have the same issue, "Unable to Submit.  Unable to complete operation.  Internal error during object insert."

0 Kudos
Paul_E
by
New Contributor II

I did not. It is the season to use that same workflow soon. I will let you know if I learn anything new. 

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

@Paul_E @PamelaLocke1 

In my case, the error was caused when users using Field Maps enter a value that contradicts the layer filter on the map. For example, if the layer is filtered to only show features with Status = Active, but users update it to Status = Inactive using Field Maps, the error appears. Depending on what you want shown on the map, you can probably just symbolize the layer such that changing of the values via FieldMaps does not "violate" the layer filter, potentially circumventing the error.

0 Kudos