Select to view content in your preferred language

Trouble using globalid with Arcade from Survey123 created Feature Class

Jump to solution
09-04-2023 01:49 AM
Polesig
New Contributor III

I created a hosted Feature Classe using Survey123 and published it.

I created a Web Map via the new Map Viewer and added the FeatureClass.

I tried to create a link from an entity to open Survey123 and open the form to update feature attributes. I used the 

$feature.globalid

attribute to create the following link :

2023-09-01 19_05_00-RelevesSFGAM.png

 globalid is present everywhere.

However, when I opened the same map in Field Maps, the globalid using $feature.globalid mysteriously disappears

GlobalidFieldMaps.png

 I didn't succeded finding any explanations about this. However the objectid displayed by using $feature.objectid works well...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ElliottPlack__SHA_
New Contributor III

Since this bug is still unresolved, I've developed a workaround with a colleague @StevenFabijanski . The StandardizeGuid function can be used to cast the Global ID to a text variable and can be done in a way that strips the curly brackets, which may help with it not being displayed in Field Maps. (historically, Collector had a tough time with Global ID display and would appear differently on various platforms (iOS, Windows, Android.) By standardizing you can bypass the bug.

Simply set a variable like so and then swap out the GLOBALID with your Global ID's field name.

var standardizedGuid = StandardizeGuid($feature.GLOBALID, 'digits-hyphen');

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Try 

$feature["GlobalID"]

or

$feature.GlobalID

Wondering if it 's a case sensitivity thing.

0 Kudos
Polesig
New Contributor III

Well I tried those two. Works well in Map Viewer

Polesig_0-1693831167766.png

But still not working in Field Maps

Polesig_1-1693831192168.png

0 Kudos
ElliottPlack__SHA_
New Contributor III

Since this bug is still unresolved, I've developed a workaround with a colleague @StevenFabijanski . The StandardizeGuid function can be used to cast the Global ID to a text variable and can be done in a way that strips the curly brackets, which may help with it not being displayed in Field Maps. (historically, Collector had a tough time with Global ID display and would appear differently on various platforms (iOS, Windows, Android.) By standardizing you can bypass the bug.

Simply set a variable like so and then swap out the GLOBALID with your Global ID's field name.

var standardizedGuid = StandardizeGuid($feature.GLOBALID, 'digits-hyphen');

0 Kudos
Polesig
New Contributor III

This is a bug

• BUG-000161575: Pop-ups set with Arcade element content type to display GlobalIDs in Map Viewer do not display in Field Maps (iOS)
  • BUG-000161574: Pop-ups set with Arcade element content type to display GlobalIDs in Map Viewer do not display in Field Maps (Android)
Tags (1)