Strange Date in form

Jump to solution
05-11-2022 07:17 AM
BertKraan1
Occasional Contributor III

I want to minimise user input so I use this arcade to auto-fill the date in a form

BertKraan1_0-1652277958050.png

Test result is as expected, so I looked at the app.

datum_field_maps.png

And that is what I would like to see in the app as well, So we move outside and collect polygons.

Back in the office -using PRO- the date is somewhere yesterday: (following records are created on may 11th)

BertKraan1_1-1652278083321.png

I have more records and they are all antidated about a full day.

What am I missing here?

Field Maps 22.2.0 build 736

ArcGIS PRO 2.9 patch 3

Thanks for you time.

Bert

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JustinReynolds

I'm not sure where you are located in the world, but this looks like the difference between local and UTC.  The app will show you local time, but this is stored in UTC at the database level.  So in Pro, you will see it as UTC time. You may also want to consider using Now() instead of Today() for your expression. 

- Justin Reynolds, PE

View solution in original post

RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I would suggest making sure editor tracking is enabled for your form.

then populating the date with the Created_Date field. You can also use the created_by as well.  for the user

You appear to be somewhere where in the Netherlands so you should be GMT +2 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JustinReynolds

I'm not sure where you are located in the world, but this looks like the difference between local and UTC.  The app will show you local time, but this is stored in UTC at the database level.  So in Pro, you will see it as UTC time. You may also want to consider using Now() instead of Today() for your expression. 

- Justin Reynolds, PE
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I would suggest making sure editor tracking is enabled for your form.

then populating the date with the Created_Date field. You can also use the created_by as well.  for the user

You appear to be somewhere where in the Netherlands so you should be GMT +2