Add dropdown (combo box) to existing field?

Jump to solution
05-11-2022 12:19 PM
jp503
by
New Contributor III

I have a layer I've set up from a shp that I'm looking to allow users to edit while in the field. This would involve a stand delineation layer created at a desktop, then refined/edited in the field. I'd like to give users a preset list of field values (ex: Evergreen, Oak, Juniper, etc.) to select from, but I can't find a way to change the input type to a combo box, the option is simply not there. My form is created from the popup, so all the fields are there, I just can't change the input type to anything besides text (single or multiline) and a barcode. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JustinReynolds
Occasional Contributor III

The option to have a switch, combo box, radio buttons is predicated on a field that has a domain (or list of values to choose from).  In other words, you must define your list of values first.  A field that has a domain will be a combo box by default.  That can be done in Pro before publishing the layer or if it is already published you can create the list of values on the data tab of the layer's item page.  Once this is done, you should then have the option to set the field to be one of the three options listed above.

JustinReynolds_0-1652311201472.png

- Justin Reynolds, PE

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JustinReynolds
Occasional Contributor III

The option to have a switch, combo box, radio buttons is predicated on a field that has a domain (or list of values to choose from).  In other words, you must define your list of values first.  A field that has a domain will be a combo box by default.  That can be done in Pro before publishing the layer or if it is already published you can create the list of values on the data tab of the layer's item page.  Once this is done, you should then have the option to set the field to be one of the three options listed above.

JustinReynolds_0-1652311201472.png

- Justin Reynolds, PE
jp503
by
New Contributor III

This is exactly what I needed, thanks!

For anyone finding this afterwards, check out this article that helped me out as well:  https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/define-attribute-lists-and-ranges.htm 

0 Kudos