Select to view content in your preferred language

Slow offline area packaging in Field Maps Designer as of 03/2024

Jump to solution
03-14-2024 02:00 PM
willbruce_KarukTribeDNR
Occasional Contributor

My colleagues and I have been noticing a significantly slower packaging time for managed offline areas in Field Maps Designer over the last few weeks. We've done a couple tests, including setting up map areas with a simple ESRI-provided vector basemap and selecting a very small area, but the packaging can still take up to several hours or overnight. Is anyone else having this problem?

15 Replies
willbruce_KarukTribeDNR
Occasional Contributor

The behavior that I originally posted about, where packaging of any kind of offline area in Field Maps Designer showed no signs of starting after hours, seems to have improved as of 04/18/24. Generation of replicas for vector tiles and feature services begin shortly after starting the process in Field Maps Designer. Adding this comment because this thread has the possibility of becoming a catch-all for any packaging issues, which may be less useful than individual threads.

0 Kudos
D_Runquist_KBIC_NRD
New Contributor

Currently having this issue. approaching 3 hours of packaging for a relatively small project. Last night packaging was acting normal. But today....wow!!!

AdamGaudet
New Contributor III

Just posting an update. I just re-tried creating offline areas and all seems good now (May 2024). Maybe a little slow for a relatively small area (I would expect it to be faster, though I really don't have much to compare it too, so maybe all is good), but I was able to package the rather larger area that I was trying to do a few weeks ago that I couldn't when I created my post.

willbruce_KarukTribeDNR
Occasional Contributor

Same here. Now packaging a 1.5 million acre area in 7-8 minutes with a basic basemap. Vs no progress after 24 hours for a 2 acre area when I made the original post.

DaveGregovich1
New Contributor II

I am having a problem getting a teeny tiny map to package today. I am testing code, so it helps when this process is quick.

0 Kudos
ClayDonaldsonSWCA
Occasional Contributor II

I've been seeing reports of hosted service issues today. So may not be a field maps specific issue (this time)

0 Kudos