Select to view content in your preferred language

Can I use a tiled imagery layer in Field Maps?

07-25-2024 02:29 PM
SionaARoberts
Emerging Contributor

Hello!

Goal:

Display a raster (more specifically a DEM) using Dynamic Range Adjustment (DRA) symbology in Field Maps with the capability to take the map offline. 

Problem:

To achieve the above goal, I have created a hosted tile imagery layer of the DEM in AGOL. (I did this by uploading the .TIF file to AGOL, and selecting the "hosted tile imagery layer" option), I then symbolized this DEM using DRA in Map Viewer and then enabled the data for offline use. Things were looking positive at this point! Woohoo! 

Unfortunately.. when I opened up the above map in Field Maps, the tile imagery layer will not show up. After some googling, I found a posted bug from Esri in 2023 saying that tiled imagery layers are not showing up in Field Maps. I assume this has not be fixed yet since I cannot visualize the tiled imagery layer. 

What I have tried:

I have tried publishing the DEM as a tiled web layer from Pro but then I lose my capability to symbolize by DRA (dynamic range adjustment). I have tried publishing an entire web map from Pro but again I lose my capability to symbolize by DRA. In both of the above instances, I receive the error saying "Raster symbology uses statistics from the current display", which makes sense. 

I have tried publishing a hosted imagery layer to AGOL (I did this by uploading a .TIF file to AGOL and selecting the "Hosted Imagery Layer" option) but then I lose the capability to take the app offline.  When I realized that I couldn't take the map offline, I thought oh well, at least we can use the app where we have service! Unfortunately though.. when I open up the map in Field Maps, the DRA symbology is not supported by the hosted imagery layer. 

What I am asking:

1. Has anyone out there ever successfully presented a DEM by DRA symbology in Field Maps/Collector/Explorer? If so, how?!

2. Has anyone ever successfully completed the above question, and then ALSO successfully enabled for offline use? If so, how?!

I feel like I must be missing something so any input or ideas that folks have would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
0 Replies