Search tab does not work on any of my web maps

07-21-2022 05:22 AM
dalvarez
New Contributor III

The address/ asset search tab does not work on web app when open on field maps app. It does work on the web map on GIS online. 

I have reviewed the settings on the web map, updated the application on the Ipads, and reviewed setting on the Ipad for the application but the issue persists. 

8 Replies
ElizabethLorenaRodriguez
New Contributor III

Hi!

Does the address tab work in other web maps? Or It only happens with a particular web map?

0 Kudos
dalvarez
New Contributor III

No, it doesn't work on any of the web maps on field maps or collector.

0 Kudos
ElizabethLorenaRodriguez
New Contributor III

Are you working on ArcGIS Online? or Portal for ArcGIS?

0 Kudos
dalvarez
New Contributor III

ArcGIS online

0 Kudos
ElizabethLorenaRodriguez
New Contributor III

Try this out:

Go to theWeb map and make sure you have allowed search by layer. 

0 Kudos
dalvarez
New Contributor III

Thanks, I tried this , but it didn't make a difference unfortunately. I saw this comment some time ago, I will pass it along to the person that manages enterprise. I wish I could give him more information on what he would need to do. If someone knows more about it, please let me know. 

dalvarez_2-1658422530940.png

dalvarez_1-1658422513115.png

0 Kudos
FionaRenton1
Occasional Contributor II

I have had this setting change on the web map (ArcGIS Enterprise 9.1) and I'm not sure why. I set up search for some fields in the map viewer and search by address, then somehow it got changed to be unchecked in the settings. I am not sure if this is because I am using  map viewer classic (the new  map viewer still does not support related tables). I can only have search by feature or search by address it seems.

See the note in the documentation for enable search

Set map options for apps—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

dalvarez
New Contributor III

Thanks for the resource info