Return related records via Extract Changes (feature service) in Power Automate

Jump to solution
11-22-2021 10:45 AM
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - 

Cross-posting from ArcGIS REST API question board...see original version here.

I am using this blog from @AaronPulver to create webhooks in Power Automate for a Field Maps workflow. Currently, I am attempting to set up a webhook that generate an email when a new record is added to a related table - this portion works perfectly. What I really want to do is also return the attributes from the point feature it is related to so that I can include one of the attributes in my email notification. 

Looking at the Extract Changes documentation, I see that I should be able to include "includeRelated=true" to return the related record, however I am unsure of where to add this query in. 

I have attempted to include this at a variety of locations without luck. Currently I have included this within the "Check Status" HTTP request...the Flow runs, but attributes from the related record are not returned. I have also attempted to include this under "Get Edits" and "Get Edits Redirect" also with no luck. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

erica_tefft_0-1637606641522.png

Erica
Erica
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erica_poisson

With the help of a co-worker, I have successfully returned related records using an adapted version of @Anonymous User 's blog (see above for link) for using Power Automate with a feature service/Field Maps. 

Following Aaron's blog up until the Get Edits Redirect step (housed within the Check Status Until Ready step), we then deviate and use the following workflow to retrieve the related records of the table that the webhook is associated with.

Basically the goal is this - a new record is submitted to a related table; within my webhook, I want to also retrieve the parent feature information to use within an email notification. 

erica_tefft_0-1638899507333.png

erica_tefft_1-1638899539484.pngerica_tefft_2-1638899561547.png

Erica

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
erica_poisson

With the help of a co-worker, I have successfully returned related records using an adapted version of @Anonymous User 's blog (see above for link) for using Power Automate with a feature service/Field Maps. 

Following Aaron's blog up until the Get Edits Redirect step (housed within the Check Status Until Ready step), we then deviate and use the following workflow to retrieve the related records of the table that the webhook is associated with.

Basically the goal is this - a new record is submitted to a related table; within my webhook, I want to also retrieve the parent feature information to use within an email notification. 

erica_tefft_0-1638899507333.png

erica_tefft_1-1638899539484.pngerica_tefft_2-1638899561547.png

Erica
0 Kudos