Repeat Last Value

03-09-2022 10:55 AM
BrianFleming
New Contributor

Is there a way to repeat the last value of a field when collecting a point in field maps?  For instance, I am collecting a point for a wetland data plot.  When I get to the next wetland or place I need to do a plot, I want to see what the last plot number was so I don't have to keep track in my head.  If the last plot was coded as "P21" I want to see that in the description so that I know that my current plot will be "P22".

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

If you are using iOS, there should be a "Recent Value" button that appears when populating the same field.

I am fairly certain that Android devices used to do this but it seems to have been removed. I think on my Andoird devices for the field I had a Field Maps version from Jan 2021 and recently updated it to the version released in December 2021. After this update, there were several features and processes that changed that made things difficult in the field and office. 

0 Kudos
HaleySiebert
Esri Contributor

If you are on Android, recently entered values can be accessed by tapping the clock icon in the Collect panel, shown below.  Tapping the value will populate the field with it, and you can increment it from there. Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 1.17.58 PM.png

CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Haley!

0 Kudos