need to add warning to smartform for unmeet conditions

Jump to solution
01-03-2022 12:38 PM
SRanseen
New Contributor III

I have a dry weather sampling collection I am working on for another user.

The user would like a warning to come up when a certain conditions are not meet across several fields.  I am very new to arcade and smart forms and am having an issue making the warning pop up and be visible.

Most of the conditions are simple is such as a yes/no is marker or the value input is over a certain amount.  I have one that has to be a calculation between two different values to see if it triggers the warning. 

What I am trying to do:

Sample has Oder: Yes /No

If Yes warning "Further Testing Required"  becomes visible  (would like make red and bold not sure how)

If No no warning is visible

any help or pointing towards training on how to do this is greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SRanseenis there a field for "Further Testing Required"? Or do you just want text to be conditionally displayed?

What is the user supposed to do if the warning message is displayed? Do they need to fill out additional fields? Do they need to acknowledge the warning (e.g. check a box/switch)?

Arcade can be used to conditionally show fields and groups. There is no support for hiding or showing just text. Also, rich text formatting is not supported.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I am guessing the reference points is to provide context for visualization on a map (i.e. no interactions, just display as a basemap). Survey123 does support adding custom data/layers into a map by linking maps.

Source: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-configuring-survey/ba-p/897815Source: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-configuring-survey/ba-p/897815

I believe this post by @IsmaelChivite  would be useful in going in more details.

Please see if combining the workflow above with Survey123's constraints in my previous post, would work for you.

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SRanseenis there a field for "Further Testing Required"? Or do you just want text to be conditionally displayed?

What is the user supposed to do if the warning message is displayed? Do they need to fill out additional fields? Do they need to acknowledge the warning (e.g. check a box/switch)?

Arcade can be used to conditionally show fields and groups. There is no support for hiding or showing just text. Also, rich text formatting is not supported.

0 Kudos
SRanseen
New Contributor III

conditionally displayed.  If  the warning is displayed at the current moment they do not have to do additional fields or work.

Good to know there is no support for just text in field maps.  I guess that is just a survey 123 thing.

Thank you for your help.  I will go back to user for redesign.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

If this is the case, with Field Maps you could hide all the fields when HasOder == "No".

Then there won't be any other fields visible in the form, so their "work" is done for that feature.

R_

0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

ArcGIS Survey123 Connect supports conditional warning, using constraints. Would you be willing to use Survey123 in your workflow?

Best regards,
Kanin 

If this answer solved your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution" to help others who have the same question.

0 Kudos
SRanseen
New Contributor III

The user would like to have reference points for sampling and it was determined that field maps would be the best use for this project. Otherwise I would have used Survey 123 because it can do these warnings.

Thank you for your help. 

0 Kudos
Kanin
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

I am guessing the reference points is to provide context for visualization on a map (i.e. no interactions, just display as a basemap). Survey123 does support adding custom data/layers into a map by linking maps.

Source: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-configuring-survey/ba-p/897815Source: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-configuring-survey/ba-p/897815

I believe this post by @IsmaelChivite  would be useful in going in more details.

Please see if combining the workflow above with Survey123's constraints in my previous post, would work for you.

Best regards,
Kanin 

0 Kudos
SRanseen
New Contributor III

I will give it a try and see if that covers all the user wants.  Thank you.

SRanseen
New Contributor III

Thank you 🙂 I was able to get around limitations (my not great arcade coding skills) and deliver what user wanted. 

RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Kind of an afterthought, but you could make an attribute field named (or aliased) as "Further Testing Required" and have it turn that field on and all others off when value = No.

wouldn't be bold or red, but would be another indicator that they are done with that feature.

Could also set the form to "Include No value option" for that field and type something like "Finished with this Feature" in the No Value box so it gives you a "Hint" that you are done.

RhettZufelt_0-1641419673926.png