Multiline issue

Jump to solution
03-21-2022 10:26 AM
DarinHughes
New Contributor

I'm attempting to use several Text - Multiline input boxes for strings in the forms I'm generating for Field Maps. These are all showing up as single line input boxes in the app even though I was able to see them as Multiline early on in testing out this feature, and they're showing as Multiline in the form builder. Is there something I'm missing for managing this setting?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Have noticed in the latest version of the app (at least iOS), the multiline text boxes look just like the single line box's (thought there used to be an icon there or something) in the app.

Only way I can tell it is multiline, is it lets me select "Return" and moves down to the next line.

R_

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Have noticed in the latest version of the app (at least iOS), the multiline text boxes look just like the single line box's (thought there used to be an icon there or something) in the app.

Only way I can tell it is multiline, is it lets me select "Return" and moves down to the next line.

R_

DarinHughes
New Contributor

Thanks for that information. I just noted that when filling it out that it auto expands as needed, which is actually a sensible conservation of form space now that I'm used to it.

sofoo
by
Occasional Contributor

I still think Esri should fix this bug!!  I don’t like it as a UX.

0 Kudos