Select to view content in your preferred language

Looking for suggestions on PDFs and FieldMaps

07-23-2024 09:03 AM
KansasDASC
Occasional Contributor

Working on a ArcGIS Field Maps project where the client wants to produce a PDF of all the submitted form data each time it's filled out and submitted. The Map Viewer has a print->PDF widget, but that's map-centric. What about creating a PDF using non-map content? Is that possible within the Esri world? I'm leaning towards that being a no, so looking for suggestions on what others have done like any third-party apps that can be hooked up to a FL download or a Python library that could do it? Just idea generating at this point. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KhemAryal
New Contributor III

@KansasDASC I had this done in the past as workaround. After collecting data in the field maps, create a survey from the feature service of your field maps data. Then, use a survey123 template to generate all the reports.

KansasDASC
Occasional Contributor

Hello, thanks for responding. Do you mind elaborating on that? I have data in a feature layer from the FieldMaps form, how do I turn that into a survey?

0 Kudos
KhemAryal
New Contributor III

@KansasDASC You need survey123 connect where you can create survey from your feature service. Once the survey is published, you can create feature report from Survey123 online. If you are not familiar with Survey123 Connect then you may use ArcPro and data driven pages as a report

KhemAryal_0-1721756560426.png

KhemAryal_1-1721756676799.png

0 Kudos
KansasDASC
Occasional Contributor

Do not have access to S123 Connect, but have been playing around with the Reports in Pro. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Here is everything I have used over the years.

Get the team to remove the PDF requirement.  Its not 1995 anymore there is really no need to it.  If you update the tech then you have to update the workflow or it will be no easier.  Workflow is the key to it all and it sounds like they are still thinking of it like paper.  Build out a few maps, apps, or Dashboards and show them how much time they can save.  It will win out eventually.  I have won over even the most old school managers with this if you truly make their life easier!

As posted fake it into a 123 form (or just use 123) and use their reporting tool.  Its pretty slick esp with Make or Flow or whatever they are calling it this week.

Use Pro and Data Driven pages connected to a Python script.  Use Windows Task scheduler to run at regular intervals.  We have made some crazy reports with big tables using this.

Use ReportLab for Python and run a script on a task schedule.  We combine this with the Seaborn package to make some really cool charts.  

Hope that helps