How to preserve the Form

05-10-2022 05:25 AM
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Portal 10.9.1 in Enterprise 

I have a web app that I have configured in the new Map Viewer for use in Field Maps.

I then open it with the field maps app and configure the form.

If I make a change to the map in Map Viewer it removes all customization I did in the form.

Needing me to re-write all the expressions for conditional visibility.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I am a little aghast at that response. Disabling the warning message does not make the issue go away. It keeps the issue but you just don't see it.

Chrome did just do an update this week.  I will try it in Edge and see if it persists

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

No the issue persists in Edge. 

RobertBorchert_0-1652282491778.png

This time I selected Save this Map.

My changes to Configure did stick

However, after saving a change to Configure it had reverted again to a Classic Map.

I saved it again and opened it again and it had not reverted to Classic

I will speculate at this point that something may be broken with forms

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@RobertBorchert I apologize if my reply caused any angst or came across in a less than helpful way. I am trying to help you through this issue.

You are encountering a bug in the Map Viewer. The logic it uses to determine whether the web map was authored in Map Viewer Classic is wrong and is the root cause of the issue.  This is a bug and one that will be addressed in a future release of Enterprise.  Until then, there's two paths forward for you.

• Request a Hot Fix for this issue through Tech Support or your Account Manager
  • Check the "Don't show this message again" checkbox

You mention in the last post that "However, after saving a change to Configure it had reverted again to a Classic Map." how are you determining the map is a "Classic Map"?

thanks,

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

I am determining it reverted to classic map because the error message comes up again saying it was created in Classic.

But only after making an  update in the Configure for Field Maps

BTW it really stinks to wait years for a fix. Dashboards also do not work in 10.9.1 if you want to show attachments.  The fix is to use Dashboard Classic

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RobertBorchert thanks for clarifying how you're determining the map has reverted to Classic.  

The issue and bug isn't with Field Maps or forms or form authoring.  The bug is in the Map Viewer and its check in how it determines whether to display the message or not. So, while the message is indicating the map is authored from Map Viewer Classic, the map is not.

The workaround for this is to check the checkbox at the bottom of the dialog. You will not see that message, as I mentioned before, this is a per browser setting, so if you use a different browser, you have to check the message again.

I do apologize for the issues you're having.  You can escalate these bugs to Tech Support or your Account Manager, that includes the issue with Dashboard that you noted, as request a Hot Fix be considered.

Craig

0 Kudos