Select to view content in your preferred language

How does the Field Maps search url parameter work?

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
HanliePetoors
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm working in AGOL.

I have a field map containing a read-only map.

I want to create a QR code containing a link that will open the Field Map and zoom to a particular feature.

The updateFeature context complains that the map is not editable so I'm looking at the search context and search URL parameter.

The documentation for the search parameter states 'Features are identified using the same terms used to search for them in the map.'

Can someone explain to me what this means? Where does one configure fields to search by in a web map?

Are there other ways to accomplish what I want to do?

Thanks

Hanlie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sorry my bad it is in the map settings.  Sorry its early.  Can change to By Layer here at the bottom.

DougBrowning_0-1719843905706.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

@HanliePetoors 

To create a QR code that will open the Field Map and zoom to a specific feature, you can use the search URL parameter. Here's an example of how to structure this URL:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/instant/field-maps/index.html?appid=YOUR_MAP_APP_ID&search=YOUR_SEARCH_TERM

Replace YOUR_MAP_APP_ID with the ID of your web map and YOUR_SEARCH_TERM with the term you want to search for.

Example

Let's say you have a feature layer of parks, and you want to zoom to "Central Park." You would configure the search fields to include the name of the park. The URL might look like this:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/instant/field-maps/index.html?appid=abcd1234&search=Central%20Park 

0 Kudos
HanliePetoors
Occasional Contributor

@RickeyFight thanks for the reply.

So it looks like one can only search the ArcGIS World geocoder? I was hoping to search fields inside the feature service, such as the Global ID.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Go into the layer service settings in AGOL and at the bottom you will see you can set up the search to whatever field and layer you want.  This is what it will use when you send the search term.

0 Kudos
HanliePetoors
Occasional Contributor
Sorry for being dense but I'm not sure where to set up the search. I checked the feature service's settings, no search parameters.
I checked the layer's settings in the web map. In there are URL parameters but that seems to function to parameterise the layer before it reaches the map?
Thanks
Hanlie
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sorry my bad it is in the map settings.  Sorry its early.  Can change to By Layer here at the bottom.

DougBrowning_0-1719843905706.png

HanliePetoors
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @DougBrowning I got it. Seems like the global ID is not an option but we have another unique field that we can use.

0 Kudos