Forms Save button disabled

04-15-2021 11:58 AM
JoelPerkins
New Contributor III

I'm wondering if this a bug, but randomly when I'm constructing forms, I'll lose the ability to save my work. The "save" icon greys out and you just have to refresh the browser and you pick up wherever you last saved. Happens in chrome and the new edge browser, both. 

Checking out the error on the save button in dev console, it reveals an unfulfilled promise and says "Transition aborted". 

13 Replies
MattHowe
Occasional Contributor

This is driving me crazy. I've lost so much work down to this bug.

CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @MattHowe @JoelPerkins - I'm sorry you're running into this issue; we haven't seen this in our internal testing.

Are you using Online?  Is there anything you can think of that you're doing right before you see this issue that would help us to reproduce it?  Did you try to undo an edit?  Did you cancel an edit?

Is it possible to run with the dev console open, collecting traffic and the next time this happens save that traffic to a HAR file so we can see if it can help us track down the issue?  You'd want to clear the network console after each successful save.

Craig

0 Kudos
KatieGaut
Occasional Contributor

I'm also seeing this issue.  It seems to mostly happen when I navigate away from the FieldMaps Chrome tab and come back after a moderate length of time (greater than 1 minute).  Though I've also had it happen when I haven't left the tab and when I've been actively editing.

0 Kudos
JustinReynolds
Occasional Contributor III

Yes, I see this as well.  It leads to me saving frequently, before leaving the tab.  I almost save after every small configuration I make.  When I leave the tab and comeback after some time I make sure I refresh the tab to avoid the issue.  Sometimes I can actually save, but it actually doesn't save.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@JustinReynolds @KatieGaut We've been working on reproducing this and tracking it down but haven't had much success.  Are you able to reproduce this somewhat consistently?  If so, would you be open to setting up a call where we can see what you're doing to try and narrow down the issue?

thanks,

Craig Gillgrass

0 Kudos
JustinReynolds

I generally try to avoid this issue, but I can try to gather a set of circumstances that reproduce it consistently and then we can schedule a call.

For the record:
Windows 10, Chrome, VPN, AGOL

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos
KatieGaut
Occasional Contributor

Hi Craig, 

We'd definitely be willing to chat, possibly tomorrow 6/9/22.  Ill be continuing to work on the form today, so maybe I'll be able to pin down the scenario that causes the issue.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

@JustinReynolds thank you, please feel free to DM me if you're able to get a repro case for it.

@KatieGaut happy to set something up tomorrow, I'll DM you.

0 Kudos
JustinReynolds

@KatieGaut 
I've been able to reproduce this behavior on a consistent basis now. It seems to stem from reinitiating form editing during a save operation.

The following scenario, usually produces the behavior.
For example.  Say I have two form elements (fields).  I edit the description of element 1 and save.  Then immediately after hitting the save button & while the save operation continues I jump to element 2 and begin editing the description. The save operation will complete, but even though I am making changes to elements the save button will remain greyed out. It will not recognize any change from the save operation onwards.  I must refresh the page to reset the behavior. 

For now, I save often and try to remind myself to be patient with the save operation.  Let it complete, take a breath then continue on editing the form.  If save icon doesn't become active on my next change, I refresh the page.

- Justin Reynolds, PE
0 Kudos