Filter definition (Date) not working

Jump to solution
03-03-2021 07:55 PM
ThorstenHohenstrater
New Contributor III

It came to my attention that both Explorer and Field Maps do not display layers that use the following filer definition

<START Field> not in the last year

How ever, this filter definition works as expected

<START Field> in the last year 

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thorsten Hohenstrater
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

It turns out a bug has already been logged with Support. If you want to track the status of the bug you can contact support and reference BUG-000136699.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Thorsten,

You are filtering on a date field, correct? I assume the filter is honored in the AGOL Web Map? Also, please let me know what platform you are seeing this behavior on (iOS, Android).

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
ThorstenHohenstrater
New Contributor III

Yes, a date field.

yes, works on Webmap

device is iOS

Thorsten Hohenstrater
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@ThorstenHohenstrater Just a heads up, I see the same behavior with my own data. I am investigating this further.

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

It turns out a bug has already been logged with Support. If you want to track the status of the bug you can contact support and reference BUG-000136699.

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
RobertTaylor5
New Contributor III

This bug has been around for over a year and really stinks.  Esri developers, you've had enough time to mull this over - time to fix it!

BTW, the bug write up on this indicates that it is a problem on Android but it also in iOS versions.  Note that this bug is not apparent in ArcGIS Collector for Windows 10 (v 20.0.1.0)

m3
by
Occasional Contributor II

Still seeing this 😕

0 Kudos
m3
by
Occasional Contributor II

Sorry, I didn't mean to just say "Still seeing this". 

What I meant to say is that fixing this bug is probably less than a day's work for a single employee and it's ridiculous that ESRI won't put resources to fix bugs like this while they have time to add over 100 new tools and put on a 14,000 person user conference that's mostly a money maker for them.  Having working software is more of a goodwill gesture than renting out museums.  

These kind of bugs cost my city and its taxpayers money and my organization pays ESRI well for the services they provide.  

Basic bugs like this cost me hours every single week and I wish that ESRI would even just make it look like there was some interest in keeping the basic services working. 

PaulHoefflerGISS
Occasional Contributor III

BUG-000136699 is specific to Android. BUG-000136697 logs the defect for iOS. 

We will associated with both soon, as they do not appear to cross-reference each other.

Our Esri TAM will be following up on the status of the defects, as from the customer perspective they appear to be stalled.

@ColinLawrence @RobertTaylor5 @ThorstenHohenstrater @m3 

0 Kudos