Field Maps UpdateFeature URL Parameter

Jump to solution
11-02-2021 09:22 AM
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to open and edit in Field Maps from a Web AppBuilder application and running in some difficulties with the UpdateFeature URL parameter and the GlobalID. In the web application source web map I am using the following URL parameter in the custom attribute popup for a feature service:

https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app/?referenceContext=updateFeature&itemID=15bf4c9d6ceb42cb9d1f532c7ec8c6de...

When it opens in Field Maps, it opens the correct map, but does not open the feature to edit it. In closer inspection of the link that is generated in the web map, it seems to be adding extra characters (in bold below) before and after the GlobalID in the URL:

https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app/?referenceContext=updateFeature&itemID=15bf4c9d6ceb42cb9d1f532c7ec8c6de...%7B85788B3A-4339-43CF-B137-1B11E200A1B2%7D 

The GlobalID should just be shown as in the URL as: 85788B3A-4339-43CF-B137-1B11E200A1B2

As anyone seen this before and know how to fix this or have a workaround for this type of URL parameter?

Thank you for the help!

Nick

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

Esri Support was able to look into this issue and found a similar bug in Collector:

BUG-000134261:ArcGIS Collector links using the FeatureID parameter require a GlobalID without curly braces, but ArcGIS Collector presents the GlobalID values with curly braces.

The support analyst also researched Arcade for functionality to remove the curly brackets from the GlobalID and found the following arcade expression: Mid($feature.globalid, 1,36). I deployed this expression in my web map custom popup link and and it worked allowing our users to link from a web application directly to Field Maps to update a feature.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

I can tell you that %7B and %7D are the ASCII codes for the beginning and ending curly braces of the global id: { }

LiLin1
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi, Nick

Following URL is to update a feature attribute, it works for me.

https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app/?referenceContext=updateFeature&itemID=38bc6f6c60344e259c98cef7e1f56809...

"featureID" doesn't need those extra character you mentioned above. What happens if you remove those characters manually?

Li Lin

0 Kudos
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

@LiLin1Thank you for your reply. I am trying to go directly from a popup link in web app building using the {globalID} of the feature directly to Field Maps, so I am unable to remove the curly brackets manually for each feature.

Nick

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

@nspittlemeister_LCFPD are you able to reach out to Support regarding this? It seems like Web app builder is adding brackets when a simple Web Map does not. Field Maps expects the globalID without the brackets so that is why the feature is not being found. 

Regards,

Colin

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

@ColinLawrence Yes, I am able to reach out to support on this. I assume that I should direct this to the Web AppBuilder support team, is that correct?  Thank you!

Nick

0 Kudos
ColinLawrence
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, I think that makes sense. 

I am not sure exactly how you configured the popup, but have you tried using Arcade to generate the URL? I wonder if that would make a difference. 

Regards,
Colin
0 Kudos
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

In the web map I configured a custom attribute popup and added a hyperlink with the URL parameter: https://fieldmaps.arcgis.app/?referenceContext=updateFeature&itemID=15bf4c9d6ceb42cb9d1f532c7ec8c6de...

I looked in Arcade and it looks like it passes the curly brackets with the GlobalID as well. Do you know of an arcade script to remove the curly brackets?

0 Kudos
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

@ColinLawrence A case has been submitted to Esri Support. I'll report back any feedback or if a resolution is obtained. 

0 Kudos
nspittlemeister_LCFPD
Occasional Contributor

Esri Support was able to look into this issue and found a similar bug in Collector:

BUG-000134261:ArcGIS Collector links using the FeatureID parameter require a GlobalID without curly braces, but ArcGIS Collector presents the GlobalID values with curly braces.

The support analyst also researched Arcade for functionality to remove the curly brackets from the GlobalID and found the following arcade expression: Mid($feature.globalid, 1,36). I deployed this expression in my web map custom popup link and and it worked allowing our users to link from a web application directly to Field Maps to update a feature.