Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps: Unable to save your form changes. Check the layer settings and confirm that you have the privileges required to make changes.

11-20-2023 06:14 AM
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hello, when I turn-on an existing field to an existing Field Maps form for editing via the Field Maps Designer, I get this message: "Unable to save your form changes. Check the layer settings and confirm that you have the privileges required to make changes."

I use ArcGIS Online. I own the layers, the web map, and the Field Maps form, and I had updated the Field Maps form before without issues. I found this bug which indicates that the issue has been resolved, but I still am experiencing it. I appreciate any thought re this issue!

https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/field-maps-designer-returns-a-generic-error-message-una-bug-00015...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
17 Replies
AshleyFisher
New Contributor

I had the same issue. I don't know why, but if I *removed* the problem layer from the map while in Designer, then promptly re-added it, all of a sudden it allowed me to save subsequent form edits. 

RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ashley, how did you determine the problem layer? It appears that modifying all and any layer (ex. turn on fields for editing or viewing) does not allow me to save the form in Designer.

0 Kudos
MegReesorCES
New Contributor

this worked as well for me. thank you!

0 Kudos
L77
by
Occasional Contributor

I was using map viewer classic and was still getting the error message.

I switched to map viewer and didn't get the error this time. 

Are you using map viewer classic or the new map viewer to create your map before you open it in field maps designer?

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hello! I used map viewer classic to create the map and add layers, symbolize, etc. When I recreated the map in Map View Classic, I was able to save the form via Designer initially. However, making subsequent edits to the form via Designer does not allow me to save it.

I will try creating maps using Map Viewer to see if the issue persists there. Thank you!

0 Kudos
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

Did this ever get resolved?  I've got the same message.  I've been saving my changes as I've added to the form and didn't have a problem until after I was about 95% finished.  

0 Kudos
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

OK, I went back and deleted what didn't save, and then each item one at a time until I was able to save.  It would be nice if Field Maps designer could let us know which was the offending item. 

0 Kudos
RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Gayle! Thank you for the follow-up. I had to recreate the map, and it worked after I did it. I have no definitive solution/explanation as to why it worked.

0 Kudos