Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Maps Offline Capabilities

09-20-2022 04:40 PM
JuanCarlosJarquin
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm setting up Field Maps for my organization including a workflow document. I am pretty familiar with the offline capability of Field Maps. However, I was asked an interesting question by my program lead, that is, can we save our data, and upload to a laptop directly, all while offline. My initial inclination is that this is not possible as you have to wait until there is connectivity (Wi-Fi or cell service) and then sync all your changes.

What my program manager was trying to get at though, was the ability, for instance, with a Trimble Geo7x unit (running Terra Sync) to upload data, daily, without the need for connectivity. Is there perhaps a way to save edits to layers, etc., directly to the device or to a micro SD card on the device? The concern mainly stems from the fact that we might be in the field (backcountry setting with no service) for several days at a time and desire to upload the data to a computer every night.

In any event, if anyone has had experience with this at all, please feel free to share. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

This thread has some insight on that.

R_

0 Kudos