Field Maps Integromat Webhook - Feature Updated

03-30-2022 10:51 AM
JoshConrad1
New Contributor III

@Anonymous User 

I am interested in creating a webhook with fieldmaps that sends an email when a specific "status" field is updated in an existing feature. However my question is: will the webhook be triggered based off the "last_edited_date" field, or will the email be sent based off the specific "status" change? I am apprehensive to implement this workflow if the webhook is only triggered when the "last_edited_date" field is changed since that will happen if any field within the feature is updated. I found the below ESRI Tech support article, but besides that I am having a difficult time finding documentation regarding this specific work flow question. 

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000023798

Thank you all.

7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Right now the webhook will fire every time an attribute to a feature is updated (if you set it for "FeaturesCreated"). There's no option to "watch" a specific attribute. You'd have to do this with additional logic in your app/scenario to store the previous attribute values and then compare them.

0 Kudos
JoshConrad1
New Contributor III

@Anonymous User 

So what if we set the webhook to "FeatureUpdated", will  the webhook fire based off of one specific field being updated? or does "FeatureUpdated" work based off of "last_edit_date"?

We are operating on MS Power Automate so can we add this additional logic you mentioned into the webhook configuration or do we need a different program like Integromat?

*If not, then what would you recommend us do if we need an email sent when 1 specific status field is updated?

Thank you for your time and assistance with this matter  it is incredibly appreciated and we are most grateful.

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi @JoshConrad1, were you able to come up with a solution? I'm also looking to set up actions based on a status field changing to approved.

rachelm
New Contributor III

You can set up a filter between the ArcGIS Field Maps widget and the next widget that looks to see if the specific field is populated or not.  If not populated, then the scenario will just exit.

In your case you need to go into the Updated part of the feature service changes and choose the specific field within the attributes list.  The Operator can be simply that the field "Exists", or to make it equal a desired value

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@rachelm I believe the ArcGIS Field Maps widget will return all fields.  The problem arises when determining for exampe, if a status field has changed from "Received" to "In Progress" or changed from "In Progress" to "Completed" - it's not that a value exists or not, but has it changed...

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Right. I would love if it could tell what the original value was, but for now I'm just going to have a set progession of values: submitted (default value on status field) to verified (manually set by staff, scenario looks for this value) to processed (scenario changes status to processed after it runs so it doesn't pick it up again unless it's changed back to verified by someone)

0 Kudos
JoshConrad1
New Contributor III

@ChelseaRozek 

We have currently not implemented any solutions for this concern. Our ESRI rep has stated that it is a possibility for this functionality to be built into the feature services, however I have not followed up with them. A possible solution that came up would be to utilize the "Windows Task Scheduler" (if you are using a windows product), however I have not explored this option in depth. This task for us is currently on hold.

0 Kudos