Field Maps Freezing

03-31-2022 04:05 PM
AW_Grove
Regular Contributor

Since the Field Maps iOS update on 3/28/22 to Version 22.1.0 many (8 so far) of our users are experiencing the Field Maps app freezing on them when trying to use an offline map. When we remove the map and redownload the freezing issue appears to resolve. We have never experienced this issue before on iOS. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any tips?

18 Replies
AW_Grove
Regular Contributor

@Rural_Design_LimitedGIS  - for us the solution so far is to remove anything downloaded for offline use prior to last Monday and re-download. So far it is working for our field users (all on iOS) its just very time consuming and the users may be on site before they realize they have a problem. 

0 Kudos
Rural_Design_LimitedGIS
Occasional Contributor

I think our main issue is that even for a new project I created yesterday, I can't seem to download the offline map associated with the project in either fieldmaps or collector on our Trimble, the download wheel gets to a certain stage and then just refuses to move any further...IDK, reverting back to our old school handheld for a bit until I have some time to play around and figure out a workaround. 

0 Kudos
AW_Grove
Regular Contributor

That is not great. May be helpful to share your project with @HaleySiebert 

0 Kudos
AW_Grove
Regular Contributor

The solution so far seems to be removing the app and reinstalling it on a few hundred devices. So far this has worked, but is very time consuming. 

0 Kudos
AW_Grove
Regular Contributor

We are still seeing this issue after removing and reinstalling the app unfortunately. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are too. On our end, it seems to be tied to using blue tooth devices. Or at least using a Bluetooth device makes it worse for those having issues. It is still hit or miss for us. 

Rural_Design_LimitedGIS
Occasional Contributor

Hey everyone, while the original FieldMpas app is still glitch af, we switched to the Field Maps (Beta) app which works really well (at least for us) - maybe give it a hoot if you're still having issues with the original Fieldmaps App! 

AW_Grove
Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing. We will try that out with a few users.

0 Kudos
AW_Grove
Regular Contributor

We saw a new version of Field Maps was released this week. We are starting to test Version 22.2.0 to see if it fixes our issues, but the chatter on GeoNet doesn't sound hopeful. 

0 Kudos