Field Maps Form not used when editing multiple features

Jump to solution
11-11-2021 04:49 AM
HECAdmin
New Contributor III

I have a Form defined in the Field Maps web app that conditionally displays a required date field when a certain value is selected. When editing a single feature in the iOS app, this works as expected. When editing multiple features, it appears that Field Maps defaults back to the popup configuration defined in the map. How can I use the Field Maps form when editing multiple features?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the form is not used when editing multiple features. There are no workarounds at this time but is something we plan to support in the future. How many features are you trying to edit at a time and how complex is your form?

View solution in original post

13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the form is not used when editing multiple features. There are no workarounds at this time but is something we plan to support in the future. How many features are you trying to edit at a time and how complex is your form?

ZoeBroek
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aaron, 

It would be great if this is "fixed". Is there an Idea or enhancement post that we can Kudo? 

Kind regards,

-Zoë 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is a formal enhancement request that you can work with customer support to follow: ENH-000137049.

BrendonJoyce1
Occasional Contributor

Also wondering if this is a planned implementation any time soon?

MarisaKordecki
New Contributor II

@Anonymous User 

Hey Aaron, I have used a workaround to at least hide some fields. 

However, I need to use a calculation for an inspection field so it will default to the correct day. 

Has this been made possible now? 

0 Kudos
grafjordan
New Contributor

Hi Marisa. Can you tell me what your workaround ended up being?

0 Kudos
MarisaKordecki
New Contributor II

Yes! I found this comment and it shows you how to use ago assistant to edit the json and change the editable and viewable fields. 

grafjordan
New Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
HECAdmin
New Contributor III

Sounds good. I was able to somewhat accomplish what I needed by setting the editable fields on the map popup configuration. The main feature of the form that I was looking to accomplish was to conditionally show and require a field based on the selection in another field. I want to require an approved date when the approved status is selected. I'm having to use triggers on the database now to handle this. I would say around 20-30 features max would be edited at once. The number of fields is 2-6 depending on the permissions of the user. 

0 Kudos