Select to view content in your preferred language

Track Viewer // Location sharing icons

09-02-2024 07:57 PM
elpinguino
Frequent Contributor

Hi Field Mappers,

I really like in Track Viewer how we see the ArcGIS Online profile photos of each individual as the Last Known Location icon. When I add the layer into a Map Viewer or Field Maps or look at it in the hosted feature service visualisation tab the Last Known Location reverts back to the user's initials.

Is there a way to have this capability flow through outside of Track Viewer? Maybe it already does, and I missed  a step? Or is it not possible, and I'd need to load the images into ArcGIS Online and put each one as a symbol and save as the layer to use across the different maps in the project?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeBrownMaps
Esri Contributor

Hello @elpinguino, the last known location layer symbology created by the Track Viewer app is using a symbol type that isn't currently supported in Map SDK / Runtime (we do have an enhancement request in to support it).  You can however change the layer symbology / labeling.   Using a little bit of Arcade you can create initial labels that will show in Field Maps:  

return Split($feature.full_name,' ')[0][0] + Split($feature.full_name,' ')[1][0]

Here is a link that steps through configuring labels.  

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/configure-labels-mv.htm

I would recommend the center - center placement for the text then create a filled marker symbol underneath the label.  

Hope that helps -

Jake Brown

Field Maps Product Engineer

elpinguino
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply @JakeBrownMaps. I will give the initials a go for now. Looking forward to seeing the profile pics one day.

0 Kudos