Field Maps Arcade expression won't auto-calculate in Android v22.1.1

Jump to solution
04-20-2022 07:26 AM
DebHSF
by
New Contributor III

We have an Arcade expression set up on a field on a point layer, which should automatically calculate when a user creates a new point. 

In Android v22.1.0 of Field Maps, this worked well and as soon as the user selected the point layer to create a new point for, the point is auto-placed (when accuracy is good enough) and the field is calculated.

In v22.1.1, this doesn't happen. When the point is auto-placed at the user's current GPS location, the field with the Arcade expression doesn't automatically populate, it says "Failed to calculate". The only way you can get it to work is to use the "Update point" button, and then the Arcade expression calculates.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Is it a known bug with the latest update?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UtilityArborist
New Contributor II

I had the same problem on 22.1.1 but now I have updated to 22.1.2 and it works as intended. Try updating if you haven't already. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The changes from 22.1.0 to 22.1.1 should not have effected this. Can you share your expression? I'm wondering if the expression is not handling cases where the point geometry is null or something along those lines.

0 Kudos
UtilityArborist
New Contributor II

I had the same problem on 22.1.1 but now I have updated to 22.1.2 and it works as intended. Try updating if you haven't already. 

DebHSF
by
New Contributor III

Brilliant, yes that has fixed it. Thanks for the heads up!

0 Kudos