Field Maps 21.2.0 - Attachments not opening

Jump to solution
07-08-2021 01:53 PM
StarlaElkins1
New Contributor II

Some of our users upgraded to Fields Maps 21.2.0 from 21.1.1 and now existing attachments in every project will not open. I've already submitted a ticket and was told that it sounds like a BUG. Anyone else having issues with this latest release?

@AaronPulver

@JeffShaner

@ColinLawrence 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lah
by
New Contributor III

We are on Enterprise 10.8.1 and were having the same issue. I just updated Field Maps to 21.2.2 this morning, and the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks everyone!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you provide the BUG number? Are you using Android or iOS?

0 Kudos
StarlaElkins1
New Contributor II

No BUG number provided yet. iOS 14.6. I have sent in screen recordings for the open case as well. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I looked up your case. I cannot reproduce this with iOS 14.6 on an iPhone7 with Field Maps 21.2. I tried with a png, docx, and xlsx attachment. Each of them opened as expected. I would recommend working with customer support to further investigate the issue.

0 Kudos
StarlaElkins1
New Contributor II

We are on Enterprise 10.8.1/ArcGIS Field Maps 20.4.0 web app for portal/ and published services using AM 10.8.1. We also published a service using Pro 2.7.1 with the same result.  Most of these services have been running smoothly for 3-4 years and through other upgrades. Attachments work in both Collector and Explorer. This will be painful since we just went through a pretty big campaign to transition hundreds of users to Field Maps.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @BrittanyBurson @StarlaElkins1 I was able to reproduce this using a 10.8.1 portal. It appears that the attachments are not being downloaded from the server correctly. I opened an issue internally and we will look into it and get back to you. Thanks for reporting this.

SamuelSchneider
New Contributor III

I would like to add that my company is using 10.7.1 with the newest version of the Field Maps app and are not getting attachments to load. All users are using an iPhone 7 or a standard iPad.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can follow this issue using BUG-000141378 - we are working on a fix for this and will update the iOS app when it's ready.

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

I'm using iPhone 12 mini on iOS 14.6, Field Maps version 21.2.0 and cannot open attachments. Hosted in Enterprise 10.8.1 with hosted feature layers published by Pro 2.8.1.

Specifically in my case .pngs, I haven't tried other types. Our app is new so I am not sure if it was happening in a previous version. Here is a video of the behavior:

lah
by
New Contributor III

We are on Enterprise 10.8.1 and were having the same issue. I just updated Field Maps to 21.2.2 this morning, and the issue seems to be resolved. Thanks everyone!