Select to view content in your preferred language

Enforce no NULL values allowed on referenced feature service fields that have a domain applied

10-31-2023 10:55 AM
BrettThome
New Contributor II

Has anyone had any luck forcing users to enter a value on a feature service in fields where a domain is applied? I have a referenced feature service containing several coded domain fields. This feature service is then made accessible in Field Maps through our Enterprise Portal, connecting directly to our SQL Server.

I've found if I apply domains to my fields in the SDE, I am unable to set the fields to not allow NULL values. Esri Support ensured me this is expected behavior through a ticket and suggested I try attribute rules instead. When trying to use a constraint attribute rule, it works during an edit session in ArcGIS Pro and successfully forces users to enter values, but it does not carry through at the feature service level. Whenever I submit a new feature with missing input values from Field Maps via the feature service, it successfully makes it's way into SQL server without being constrained by the attribute rule.

Has anyone found a workaround for this? I am able to not allow nulls while using domains by using hosted layers, but this isn't a suitable workaround for my work case. We are needing to use referenced feature services.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

1 Reply
AlinaTarmu_nyct
New Contributor

I have a web app on the backburner because of this very issue. Anxious to find a workaround.