Elevation Attribute Population in Field

01-27-2021 05:56 AM
CarsonG
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way in field maps to have an attribute for elevation populate automatically after a point has been collected?

I would like the elevation attribute to populate when a feature is newly collected or updated.

When I published the data as a service for use in the field, the data had a vertical coordinate system. 

When I try to calculate the Z value in ArcGIS Online using Arcade Calculator using Geometry($feature).z, no results are returned.

If I export the data collected from the field to a GDB, the data has a Z value and can be populated using the calculate geometry tool in ArcMap. The data however no longer has a vertical coordinate system assigned to it.

22 Replies
CarsonG

Yes, I am. I can try and be of help.

0 Kudos
Kyle_LocGov
New Contributor III

Did you ever get the arcade expression to display z values in Field Maps? If so, what was the cause? 

0 Kudos
CarsonG

No, Arcade would not work. I don't know if it has to with arcade not working if some feature layer editing options like sync being enabled.  Instead I include the GPS meta data in the data.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/add-gps-metadata-fields.htm

The attribute field ESRIGNSS_ALTITUDE will record your altitude in the field for viewing but it is recording the Height Above the Ellipsoid not the Orthometric Height(MSL).

0 Kudos