Select to view content in your preferred language

Disable ability to edit multiple features at once in field maps.

Jump to solution
11-21-2023 12:10 AM
karyn_rosa123
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have recently discovered the ability to edit multiple records in field maps.  This is great when you want this capability but pretty dangerous when you don't want the user to be able to do this.  I have now realised all the field maps apps that I have deplored have this functionality.  I am worried a user will find this functionality and potentially use it to bulk update an attributes (and then could accidentally bulk override an attribute that shouldn't be updated.)  Is there a way to turn off this functionality? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SarahSaint-Ruth
Esri Contributor

Hi @karyn_rosa123 there's a setting ready for you to use today in Field Maps Designer that will prevent folks editing multiple records at once.

Open Field Maps Designer from your app waffle - select the map you want to prevent edit multiple in go to App Settings and under Map you will see the toggle to enable or disable edit multiple.

SarahSaintRuth_0-1700572475231.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SarahSaint-Ruth
Esri Contributor

Hi @karyn_rosa123 there's a setting ready for you to use today in Field Maps Designer that will prevent folks editing multiple records at once.

Open Field Maps Designer from your app waffle - select the map you want to prevent edit multiple in go to App Settings and under Map you will see the toggle to enable or disable edit multiple.

SarahSaintRuth_0-1700572475231.png

karyn_rosa123
New Contributor III

Oh excellent, thanks very much. 

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

The ability to turn it off is great for security, but they should add the ability to control the form for the edit multiple function as well!

There is an idea to put support behind to get Esri to add this enhancement that you can find here:

Control edit multiple at the field level of a form - Esri Community

There is also a potential solution in that thread talking about editing the JSON for your map to prevent those fields that shouldn't be edited from being exposed in an edit multiple form.

0 Kudos