Clearing Features When Actions are Taken?

12-28-2023 04:05 PM
GarrettRSmith
Occasional Contributor II

Hello All,

I am working on a project where we have a number of volunteers that are collecting locations/inventories of a specific phenomenon using Survey123. There is a question in one of the forms used from Survey123 (there are three forms total) that asks the user to specify if an action needs to take place at the location that is being inventoried. This is a simple Yes or No question with an additional specific actions needed question that is conditioned on the user answering Yes.

Currently, I have created a Hosted View Feature Layer joining the relevant form (table) and feature layer (point) in MapViewer Classic. I bring this layer into Map Viewer and filter the features based on the action needed question (displaying the point if the answer to the action needed question is Yes). The map created in Map Viewer is used in Field Maps so that people can go to the location, click on the point once they arrive, and follow the link via the pop-up in Field Maps to the associated Survey123 survey. In Survey123 I have a field called parentglobalid that is populated from the point's GUID via the pop-up in Field Maps. 

The issue that I am running into is trying to figure out a way that users (they are all volunteers and do not have editing capabilities for the hosted view feature layer) can clear the feature layer via Field Maps once they take the needed actions at the specific locations. I have talked with others who have field editors and they can switch the question on previously collected data, unfortunately the volunteers are not field editors. 

My initial thoughts would be to create some way to only display the most recent record for a site since they will be working off the original GUID, though I am not sure if this is possible? Is there a way to include a form in Field Maps that would make this easier? Or, if there are any other suggestions I am open to them.

Thanks for looking and Happy Holidays/New Years to everyone.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BobBooth1
Esri Contributor

You might look at letting them submit data to a different hosted feature service and then have automation (a notebook or Python script) that would check for new features in that service and make updates to the corresponding feature in the original service.

0 Kudos