Calculated expressions in Field Maps

Jump to solution
03-24-2022 07:15 AM
jdelprete
New Contributor II

Per the latest March ArcGIS Online update, we are now able to build calculated expressions, using Arcade, that automatically populate fields in Map Viewer.

I noticed that this new feature is available in the Field Maps web application as well. Though, after I add an expression to a layer's form and go over to the mobile application, the layer becomes un-collectable and states that "the form contains unsupported data."

Are there plans to support calculated expressions in Field Maps moving forward? 

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Field Maps mobile apps were planned to release at the same time as the rest of ArcGIS Online. Unfortunately, we've identified a show-stopper issue in our release candidate that has delayed the release a bit. We are actively working to resolve the issue and get the next version released as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think this is in beta still and you need to use the beta version via TestFlight for iOS and usually Android a download.    Check out https://earlyadopter.esri.com/enter/ 

Hope that is it

jdelprete
New Contributor II

I just tested it out in the beta and it does work there, good catch.

Having that functionality available in non-Early Access Field Maps web app makes me feel as though it should also be available in the non-beta mobile application...

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Field Maps mobile apps were planned to release at the same time as the rest of ArcGIS Online. Unfortunately, we've identified a show-stopper issue in our release candidate that has delayed the release a bit. We are actively working to resolve the issue and get the next version released as soon as possible.

jdelprete
New Contributor II

Ah, got it, ok. Well it's good to know that this functionality is in fact coming soon to the non-beta release!

Thanks and Good luck! 

kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

What is the latest update, do calculated expressions work in Field Maps now per the latest What's New in Field Maps March 2022 or is it at the show-stopper stage. I want to add an expression for a field in the Field Maps app form builder and looks to be fine, but in Field Maps app I get the '"the form contains unsupported data.". Thanks for the latest information! Kathy

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@kmsmikrud  This should work in Field Maps 22.1 now. It was released last week.

JanetSilb_Spike
New Contributor III

We have discovered a similar glitch, that is being reported as a bug. When I turn on a simple expression to calculate the current date and time in the Field Maps form, it returns the correct result when editing features with the mobile app or Map Viewer Classic. However, if you attempt to edit the same features in the same webmap with the new Map Viewer, the layer and map hang up.  The work around if you need to edit features from AGOL is to open just the feature layer itself in Map Viewer, edit the features, and close. The changes will be reflected in the web map. 

• ID: BUG-000149444
    • Synopsis: Calculated expression in a date field for ArcGIS Field Maps renders the hosted feature services in ArcGIS Online keeps loading while editing

FionaRenton1
Occasional Contributor II

@Anonymous User  is this an issue with the ArcGIS Enterprise version of Field Maps too? I'm using 10.9 on ArcGIS Enterprise in Azure.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Form calculations can only be authored in ArcGIS Online and in Enterprise 11.0, when it becomes available in July. The latest version of the mobile app 22.3 supports form calculations from either source.