Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcade for Smart Form

Jump to solution
08-12-2021 04:09 AM
littlebluepenguinnz
Emerging Contributor

Hi EB community,

I am beginning my Arcade journey. I do not have a background in coding. I've found tutorials on ArcGIS Learn for Arcade..

I specifically want to use Arcade for conditional visibility  in the smart forms in Field Maps, not necessarily for pop-ups or labelling.

Does anyone have a cheat sheet for commonly used expressions?

For example, currently I know how to do $feature()==(), but I'd like to know how to use a conditional expression if any of two answers are true or false. I think false is $feature()!=().

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For checking if two conditions are met you can do:

$feature["attribute1"] == "Some Value" && $feature["attribute2"] == "Some other value"

For checking if one of two conditions are met you can do:

$feature["attribute1"] == "Some Value" || $feature["attribute2"] == "Some other value"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

For checking if two conditions are met you can do:

$feature["attribute1"] == "Some Value" && $feature["attribute2"] == "Some other value"

For checking if one of two conditions are met you can do:

$feature["attribute1"] == "Some Value" || $feature["attribute2"] == "Some other value"

TravisSizemore
Frequent Contributor

This video has some relevant info at 13:00 and 30:00. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M29_CGLQ_k

ArcGIS smart forms improve the way that you collect and update data in the field. Using the ArcGIS Field Maps web application, you can organization fields into groups, qualify input types, mark fields as required or read-only, and set conditional visibility using the Arcade expression language. In
littlebluepenguinnz
Emerging Contributor

Thank you both for your help. Have made notes of this for next time.

0 Kudos