Application compatible with RTK locator

02-07-2024 07:52 AM
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

We have an RTK locator that we purchase from Metrotech.

We are looking for applications that we can use with our locator that will enable our field crews to collect GPS locations in the field that will automatically go back to our enterprise portal.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

this link mentions ArcGIS Online, maybe they can do ArcGIS Enterprise too

https://www.esri.com/partners/vivax-metrotech-corp-a2T5x000008DinnEAC/vm-cloud-sync-for-ar-a2d5x0000...

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Vivax Metrotech only allows for the display of your data in an ArcGIS Online account.  We want to be able to collect the points, make minor edits in the field and have the results go back to our Enterprise portal.

You can bring that data into Portal via a feature service, but you cannot edit, only display.

0 Kudos
TylerJones
New Contributor III

@RobertBorchert ,  Did you get this to work with your portal? I’m in the same boat and debating whether I try. The documentation, so far, only mentions AGOL.  

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

No we did not. The only apparent option with this company is go link their server to ArcGIS online and then bring the feature service into our Portal.  However, we cannot edit only view the data.

A bigger issue for us is that with their set up we CANNOT add attributes in the Field. We have been round and around and have gotten various ESRI reps involved. 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

The various business partners who work with RTK either want to sell you an RTK or perform the service for you. 

My honest opinion at this time is to look elsewhere than Vivax-MetroTech  

Apparently there is a solution using an Android device.  However, all of our Field Crews are issued iPhones.  

0 Kudos