Select to view content in your preferred language

Label Background Tag and Callout Support

04-01-2024 10:38 AM
bdavis
by
New Contributor II

Backgrounds in labels, especially for composite labels, would be very helpful for field users. Currently, this appears to be functional in ArcGIS Pro, but the settings for the <BGE> tag and the <part> tag do not seem to carry over to Field Maps in a mobile map package. I've included examples below.

What a symbol/label looks like in ArcGIS Pro (Some data is blacked out for privacy)

bdavis_1-1711992551224.png

This uses the following expression:

"<FNT name='Century Gothic' style='Regular' size='8'><BGD red='230' green='230' blue='115' width='.25' alpha='50'> <BSE>" + $feature.esPhasing + "</BSE> </BGD><BGD black='0' alpha='50'> " + $feature.esMeterNumber + " </BGD></FNT>"

Meanwhile, in an MMPK uploaded to AGOL and opened in Field Maps:

bdavis_2-1711992774511.png

The background information is gone, but the rest of the expression appears to evaluate fine. The effect is similar using the <part> tag and composite callouts. There are workarounds for displaying composite information in labels of course, but this added functionality would help with clarity and organization of the information. Also, a final note: I know the MMPK retains the information because I imported it back into Pro, and it displayed fine.