Field Maps - Content - Form Export and Import (JSON format)

06-24-2022 10:29 AM
Labels (1)
rsun_TQB
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

It will be fantastic if we can export/import existing smart forms (field maps) into JSON or template for future/central usage. Then, when we have multiple layers from the same published/hosted feature service with different symbology, we do not need to create the same form repeatedly 🙂

Cheers,

Reno

5 Comments
schenardi

I like the idea, but would see more then only export/import from/to json. 

That's by the way already possible using https://ago-assistant.esri.com/ and copying the "formInfo" part of the data section.

I would like to store form definitions as particular element in ArcGIS Online or portal and attach it centrally to my webmaplayers which have the same structure.

cbp-geus

We totally agree on this. It is a must that you have a way for import and export formular templates with assigned expressions. This is both needed for backup, exchange but also, when larger changes are made to the feature structure, it has a tendensy to reset the formular, and this could rebuild it.

DougBrowning

I always keep a set of notepad docs will all my Arcade expressions for the project.  Like you said they can reset a lot.  

rsun_TQB

@schenardi 

Wow, that sounds like an even more fantastic and systematic way to copy/paste smart form of Field Maps smart forms. I would love to see it more built-in just on AGOL or Portal without using ago-assistant one day. Lol...but I didn't have much knowledge to comment on this...since I didn't know ago-assistant exist till I see your comment. Thanks for sharing! Very nice!

Would you please let me know how to modify/copy "forminfo" JSON on ago-assistant? I can't seem to find it on JSON of the web map.

rsun_TQB_0-1656345089047.png

I am using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 - Portal for ArcGIS.

Thanks!

Reno

dfinkbeinerTMEE

Currently using AGO Assistant to manage form data. We have multiple templates for projects that we repeatedly use and to have a way through AGOL to assign templates rather than having to keep notepad forminfo data or copying AGO Assistant data constantly would be extremely helpful.