Select to view content in your preferred language

Add Survey123 style "Note" fields

10-04-2023 09:22 AM
KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

I would love to see non-schema "Note" fields in Field Maps. Basically a dummy field that allows custom expressions that is not part of the attributes, similar to Survey123.

I think this would really open up the smart form aspect of Field Maps and allow things like warnings or custom group headers based on other field values.

An example would be an inspection form that is assigned to a operator. If that operator is not certified, I would like a "note" to popup as a warning. I currently have to create another field to serve as a warning.

4 Comments
lah
by

Agreed; I just needed this the other day. Had to resort to adding the "note" as a description under one of the fields. It is not flashy enough and suspect users will skip right over it.

DougBrowning

And the ability to use emojis also.  Save a lot of space.  I do this in 123 - check mark icon or a red x for example.  So open up the notes to HTML basically.

KPyne
by

@lah I have had to do that as well. Another use case would be a single field being used in two different scopes so I cant always put the description under the field, it would need to be dynamic based on previous values or the overall editing template.

@DougBrowning HTML would be fantastic

DougMorgenthaler
Status changed to: In Product Plan