Problems with version 17.1

07-11-2017 02:46 PM
MarkStelzel
New Contributor III

I've encountered two major issues with the new version:

1. Identifying features doesn't work. When I click on a feature to open the attribute pane, the field names are all displayed but none of the attribute values. 

2. My organization's web mercator projected ortho basemap will not display.

Not a "problem", but the removal of the magnifying glass is a step backwards.

Edit: Please disregard problem #2.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
79 Replies
MarkStelzel
New Contributor III

LIke David Haberkorn, I am having some of the same problems at v 17.1.1. I am using Server 10.3.1. 

Problems:

- pop ups for certain layers not showing

- certain layers not showing at all (exclamation mark next to layer)

0 Kudos
RobbHodges
Occasional Contributor III

I'm sure that everyone is working hard at trying to find solutions to these problems, and I appreciate that. However, these problems existed in the beta. They are causing a lot of problems for us. As someone else here said, the trust we had worked to build up with many of our users, is quickly eroding. I understand that with the conference and the new markup tool there was likely a lot of excitement about releasing it right away.

I really hope this never happens with collector. After shifting so many of our collection processes over to the collector app, it would eliminate any trust with using GIS to gather information in the future. I really hope that this is a lesson learned that you have many types of users with many different setups. I know you can't cater to everyone, but it seems as though this was a pretty widespread.

Again, I get that everyone is likely working hard to resolve these issues, but they should have been resolved before this app was released. Hopefully more folks will use the betas from here on out and report these problems so that we aren't in the same predicament next time. 

JeffShaner
Esri Regular Contributor

Robb Hodges‌ we completely understand your frustrations with Explorer and appreciate your comments and feedback as well. Thank you for your active participation in the beta program. We are working hard to solve these issues and made a bad mistake in letting the issues that you had reported go out in the release.

Note that we will be updating Test Flight soon with a couple of additional fixes and will clearly describe what will be in this update as well as what will not be in this update. 

With regard to Collector, we are taking a different approach with it's release. We are going to create a separate listing so that the new app can live side-by-side on your device and you can migrate workflows over time. 

Once again, our deepest apologies for the problems this has caused and we hope to earn back your trust in Explorer and our apps soon!

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

Just installed the latest test flight update (just came through maybe 10 minutes ago). This is another step back. The group layers still work. That's good. The fields are back to not working properly again, just like they did when the 17.0 update came out. Feature searches are still not working. Most fields do not populate. The date field seems to be working again, but at this point I'd rather it not work and the other fields do work. 

MikeDahm
Occasional Contributor

I just tested it as well.  The search is still broken but semi-fixed.  It immediately zooms to Pennsylvania or Stockholm on some of our searches but once you close that search a tab is under it with the correct feature results with a place below it.  Selecting a feature then works.  It appears that the feature search works after closing those tabs but if you close the program and open it back up it does the immediate pan/zoom to the first found address.  

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

Are you searching numerical fields? Most of our searches are on GIS IDs for our features that are all integer fields. None of them seem to have the behavior that you are describing. I did find that for the couple of fields that are text based, we are also getting the same results as you are. 

What about your field values...are they populating? Some seem to work, while others don't. Fields that are auto-created when you enable editor tracking seem to work. Most, however, do not populate (searches do not work on these). I thought it had something to do with the field alias issue, but that doesn't seem to hold true, because I have fields that follow that rule, but do not populate. 

I really wish they would just re-release the older, working version. It's been 3 weeks now and it still doesn't look like a permanent, working fix is coming out soon. 

0 Kudos
MikeDahm
Occasional Contributor

Rob,

The only search fields I have tested are Unique ID fields (Not OBJECTID)  we use that are Long Integer fields.  The fields we use for searches DO use a field alias.

A lot more of the fields do populate than doing a simple tap identify but still not all of the fields, some still are -.

0 Kudos
BrentPierce
Esri Contributor

Robb,

We decided to remove the workaround for the popup display for older servers because it didn't address all issues, namely, it was not resolving formatted values like date fields and coded value domains. We are currently working on a more robust solution that will return attribute information exactly as desired. Thanks for your patience as we address this as soon as we can. I can assure you this is our teams highest priority and we will get a testflight build out there as soon as it is addressed.

-Brent

0 Kudos
RobbHodges

ok...thank you for the update.

0 Kudos
DarrenHaag
New Contributor III

We are experiencing these same issues.  We have a Server at 10.2 and a server at 10.4.1 and the problems are in both.  When viewed in AGOL, everything works as expected.  As for the workaround, If we bring in the feature services, they will work in iOS with the fields displaying and attachments, but we lose the symbology/labeling.  Brought in as a map service, iOS does not display any information in fields with domains.  They are all null.  Attachments also do not work.  Field Names and Aliases are the same for all fields.

(note: fields display properly in Android version of explorer, but attachments do not show in it either)

0 Kudos