Problems with version 17.1

07-11-2017 02:46 PM
MarkStelzel
New Contributor III

I've encountered two major issues with the new version:

1. Identifying features doesn't work. When I click on a feature to open the attribute pane, the field names are all displayed but none of the attribute values. 

2. My organization's web mercator projected ortho basemap will not display.

Not a "problem", but the removal of the magnifying glass is a step backwards.

Edit: Please disregard problem #2.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
79 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Bryce Beyers‌ and Larry Masters‌,

Do either of you participate in our Beta program? We have had a few Beta releases in preparation for the next version of Explorer (17.2.0). It would be good understand if your issues still exist in the Beta so we can dig deeper and try to get it fixed sooner than later. Please send an email to explorer4arcgis@esri.com with your contact info, so we can get you added.

Thanks,

Joel

0 Kudos
RobertHarris5
New Contributor III

Beta test of 17.2.0

Attachments are working in both environments

Related features are not displaying in Explorer. Both versions 17.1.2 and 17.2.0 behave this way. Confirmed they are configured and working in our Portal maps and web applications. For the ones that are point feature classes, I can see them directly, but not through the parent feature class.

Response time is extremely slow when opening map for the first time

coded value domain and subtype descriptions are honored in the popup, but not in the display for an initial selection on the map

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Robert Harris,

That's good news the attachments are working, but not great on the other items.

• For the related data issue, are the layers added to the Web Map via the root url? We have an existing issue that has not been resolved for this update. The related data should appear when you add the layer to the map via the layer id ("https://mapserver..../MapServer/0"). 
  • Is the loading response time similar to the previous Beta? Either way, we would like to improve this. Is there any way you could share what you're seeing?
  • I'm not sure I understand the last portion in regards to the coded value descriptions. Do they not initially work, but then on subsequent selections they do work? Are the popups configured for List of Attributes or a Custom Attribute Display?

Thanks,

Joel

0 Kudos
RobertHarris5
New Contributor III

I will try adding the root url tomorrow when I get back to the office.

I don’t have any metrics to compare the speed between the last beta and this one, but when I attempt to open a map in explorer, it takes close to 30 seconds  to load the map initially. I wasn’t sure if this was our server environment or the app itself. Opening a related web application can seem slow, buts it usually is better than 15 seconds. Any suggestions to speed this up on our end would be appreciated.

When the screen is touched to select a feature, for example a fitting on a gas network, a list of possible selections (fitting, pipe1, pipe2) becomes visible based on proximity to where your finger was. This is where the issue occurs. Once one item (the fitting) is selected the pop up presents the subtypes properly. I will have a portal available for someone from Esri to log in and see this behavior in the next day or so if you are interested.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great, let me know if adding the layer by the full url makes a difference for the related data. Also, once you get your portal environment set up, I should be able to debug why the map is taking so long to load as well as the coded value domain issue. This will help me understand the issue so I can create some in-house  data to reproduce the bug. Feel free to shoot me an email at jwhitney@esri.com

0 Kudos
MichaelHamrick2
New Contributor II

Joel,

I received email to join and I will do so. Thanks for the opportunity.

0 Kudos
EugeneDurshpek
New Contributor III

I'd also like to add a possible bug. When previewing an attachment using using an iOS device; there are no buttons to click to close the image when you're done previewing it. The user needs to know that they need to swipe the image down to close it out. It would be nice to have a button that says close; or done or maybe an X in the corner that would give the end user a place to click to close the image vs. having to guess that it takes a swipe down to close out.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey Eugene Durshpek‌,

Thanks for using Explorer. This is a known issue that was introduced with iOS 11 rdar://34989600: Tint color in UIDocumentPickerViewController. The buttons are actually there, but you can't see them because they appear hidden. We are evaluating potential workarounds until iOS fixes the root cause.

Thanks,

Joel

0 Kudos
EugeneDurshpek
New Contributor III

Thank you for that info Joel.

0 Kudos
MitchJohnson
New Contributor III

This may not be the case for everyone else, but the issue I found was that I did not have the "SHAPE" field visible on my layers.  Pop-ups and zoom-to's from searches or queries will not work if you have the "SHAPE" field unchecked in the properties for your layer.  Arcmap will warn you when you analyze your service that said field is not visible.

-Mitch

0 Kudos