Select to view content in your preferred language

Please help... some columns wont show up when I try to join table

09-30-2013 02:20 AM
lokesjwariwardhani
New Contributor
I dont speak english, so I will try to explain my problem by points.. And here it is:

1. Here are what I did succesfully:
    - Create new project, open a shp file as a layer;
    - Create new table, with these column:
      1. Id column, contents area id. I checked it and found it identical with area id I used in shp file;
      2. Columns with values content, I checked it and found it in numeric format like it should be;
      3. No nonnumerical value, no #, @, etc. I name them : kode_desa (area id), nama_desa (string format, name of areas), and
          kel_1 (numeric, value that I need to create as thematic map);
    - Add the table as new layer

2. Here is the problem:
    I want to join the two table, using area id from shp file and area id from the table (which has identical data and format). The problem is, every time I choose id column from shp (from upper drop-down menu),  the area_id wont show up on lower drop down menu, so I can choose to join them both.

I dont know what is the problem, for I tried some different table and still experience same problem.

Please help me...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimWitt
Deactivated User
Can you share the 2 shapefiles you want to join?
0 Kudos
lokesjwariwardhani
New Contributor
Sure.. here are I attached those two files...  It is really big mystery to me..
Thanks in advance.

---- >  sorry, I cant attach the shp file. It is said that shp is not valid file format. Is it possible that   posting shp files are not allowed here?
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Deactivated User
Sure.. here are I attached those two files...  It is really big mystery to me..
Thanks in advance.

---- >  sorry, I cant attach the shp file. It is said that shp is not valid file format. Is it possible that   posting shp files are not allowed here?

Just zip them, that will work.
0 Kudos