Why do I see "This widget does not support style settings" under the Style tab in the widget properties

08-12-2022 08:52 AM
Labels (1)
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

I am new to Experience Builder and have been learning how to create an application in the Online version. One thing I can't figure out is why I cannot set the Style setting for the widgets. This seems to be a limitation when I add the widget to the Widget Controller vs dragging the widget into the map. If I drag into the map, I have full control of styling, but I no longer have a button to open and close the widget. It would be nice to have the icon in the header and also have control over positioning of the widget when it is open. Does anyone know how to do this, or am I missing something obvious?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @FranklinAlexander ,

This is the designed behavior of widgets in a widget controller. You can set the initial size of the widget in design mode, but the initial position of widget is always around the button and is calculated at runtime based on the available space of the page.

See Doc at: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/configure-widgets/widget-controller-widget.htm

ShengdiZhang_0-1661740754806.png

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos