Select to view content in your preferred language

Use Button to filter list

Jump to solution
11-19-2023 02:45 PM
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All

Is it possible to use the button widget to filter  the values in a List Widget?  For example I would a couple of buttons with the main stakeholder types.  When the user clicks one of the Buttons, say Government,  the corresponding list filters down to only show those that are a Government stakeholder.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MichaelGaigg
Esri Contributor

Ah, thanks for posting this example, this makes a lot of sense. In your case the radio list is correct because you do have a default value and you toggle between options to filter the same dataset. Actually the previous version with tabs used the wrong UI element (tabs are supposed to navigate between different sections of a site, not to filter). I like your visual design too, look really nice, dark themes are difficult but you came up with a nice palette.

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

@MichaelGaigg No problem, sometimes the easiest is just to show what we're looking at trying to do! And thank you I'm glad you like it! I can share the whole thing with you too if you'd be interested in seeing before it goes live.

Okay so radio button list is the right thing to do, is this possible to do in Experience Builder? Or is the filter widget as I have it set up the best way to do it right now?

The previous version is a direct Esri Classic Story Map template that has been deprecated, hence the need to rebuild it. I'd definitely be interested in talking about the challenges I've been facing in rebuilding this classic Esri favourite!

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Regular Contributor

@RobertAnderson3  and @MichaelGaigg I'm after exclusive radio buttons (or pill buttons) also. Here's my use case:

• Dataset has data covering last 30 days
  • I want filtering options covering: 24hrs, 72hrs, 5 days, 10 days, 30 days
  • I can easily do this via Filter widget but the user is able to select multiple filters and that leads to a frustrating user experience.

ahargreaves_FW_0-1706215947906.png